[gst-devel] Slight audio/video sync problem - any suggestions?

Jason L. Buberel jason at buberel.org
Tue Mar 4 17:54:02 CET 2008

Oddly enough, that makes things worse :(

Here is what I have confirmed - the following command will result in a
VERY clear high quality audio-only recording on my configuration:

 > gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc device="hw:1,0" !
audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000,channels=1,depth=16 ! audioconvert !
vorbisenc ! oggmux ! filesink location=audio-only.ogg

Which you can hear:

http://www.buberel.org/audio-only.ogg

But when I use Nei's command below, which has essentially the same audio
parameters but with the additional 'queue' element to record audio and
video, I see many of the following error messages:

WARNING: from element /pipeline0/alsasrc0: Can't record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosrc.c(603): gst_base_audio_src_create (): /pipeline0/alsasrc0:
dropped 13600 samples
WARNING: from element /pipeline0/alsasrc0: Can't record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosrc.c(603): gst_base_audio_src_create (): /pipeline0/alsasrc0:
dropped 12000 samples
WARNING: from element /pipeline0/alsasrc0: Can't record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:

I am going to work on an ascii-art diagram of this pipeline in the hopes
that it will help others see the mistake I am making.

-jason