[gst-devel] Two pipelines playing at once

Sam Thursfield ssssam at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 22:08:28 CET 2008

Hi
I'm trying to implement replaygain using rganalysis that can run in
the background while a song is playing. Basically, if there is no rg
data about a song, I start the following two pipelines:

playbin sink=<rgvolume ! directsoundsink or gconfsink>
playbin sink=<rganalysis ! fakesink>

The two don't play well together however. Even if I start the second
one after the first playbin posts going into the playing state, no
audio comes out until the rganalysis pipeline has finished. Leave the
rganalysis pipeline in paused and the first pipeline plays fine.

I would guess the problem is due to the second thread running as fast
as it can stream and leaving no CPU for the first one to play.
However, I don't know of a way to set priorities for pipelines or
anything of the sort. Any help on how to solve this would be much
appriecated.
Thank
Sam