[gst-devel] how to use dshowvideosrc

Andres Colubri andres.colubri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 01:29:33 CET 2008

Hello,

I just insalled the latest version of the binary packages for win32
(gstreamer 0.10.17, gst-plugins-base 0.10.17, gst-plugins-good 0.10.7,
gst-plugins-bad 0.10.6, gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.7).

I'd like to know how to use the direct show wrapper to, for instance,
get the input of a webcam installed in windows. I started trying
something like this:

gst-launch-0.10 dshowvideosrc ! directdrawsink

but gives me this error:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link dshowvideosrc0 to
directdrawsink0

My installation of gstremer is fine, because I'm able to play video
files, get the output of videotestsrc to directdrawsink, etc.

I imagine that I have to specify somehow the directshow graph I want to
use in dshowvideosrc, right? How I do that?

Many thanks,
Andres