[gst-devel] gstreamer ogg/theora live encoding

David REGADE dregade at viewsurf.com
Wed Mar 19 10:23:05 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

For a previous project I had to wrote a software that record video from a
video4linux device to a ogg/theora file.
Now I'm on a new project that needs to record video from video4linux and sound
from sound card and to encode these streams in ogg/vorbis/theora. We choose for
this project to test gstreamer.
My problem is that with my own software I'm able to encode video (and only
video) at 768x576 with 70% of load average on my dev computer with
deinterlacing. But with gstreamer using gst-launch or a piece of C/C++ sofware
using libgstreamer load average is nearly 100% for video at 640x480 without
deinterlacing.

Does someone know how to increase performances in order to be able to encode
768x576 videos with sound and deinterlacing.

Regards