[gst-devel] Songbird license exception

Stephen Lau stevel at songbirdnest.com
Fri Mar 21 04:01:19 CET 2008

(apologies if this is the wrong list, I didn't see a more appropriate
list at http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/lists/)

I'm the developer advocate @ Songbird, and I'd like to put the following
exception (as drafted by our crack legal team) in our license.  (We're
under GPL):

------
As a special exception to the terms of the GPL, POTI, Inc. hereby grants
permission for non-GPL compatible GStreamer plugins to be combined
and/or linked with Songbird. This permission is above and beyond the
permissions granted by the GPL license by which Songbird is covered. If
you modify this code, you may extend this exception to your version of
the code, but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do
so, delete this exception
statement from your version.
------

I just wanted to check with the relevant experts (you lot) and see if
there were any issues you saw with the above exception and whether or
not you had any comments or advice.

cheers,
steve

--