[gst-devel] GStreamer and Google Summer of Code

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian.schaller at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 12:39:09 CET 2008

Hi everyone,
As most of you know GStreamer is part of this years Google summer of
code. We have already seen some interested projects talked about on this
list, but I thought I should send out this formal call for proposals
email.

We have two important pages in our wiki with information for potential
students. First of all is the general information page for students
which lists some hints and tips for how to write a good application and
also provides you with a link to Google's information page for how to
actually apply:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/StudentInfo

Then we have the page with proposed projects by established GStreamer
contributors here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/SocProjects

Students are of course free to propose other things, but in terms of
getting a good mentor etc., its always easier if you have picked up on a
mentor proposed idea.

Anyway, if you are a student make sure to sign up for a GStreamer SoC
project this year and make sure your friends do the same.

The Schrodinger Dirac video codec project is also doing a SoC this year
and I also recommend students to look into that, more information
available at:
http://www.diracvideo.org/node/6

Best wishes and happy GSoC,
Christian