[gst-devel] fakesink and framerate

Julien Isorce julien.isorce at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 20:00:59 CET 2008

Oh ok Thx :P

2008/3/26, Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd at luon.net>:

> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:46:38PM +0100, Julien Isorce wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know if it' s a bug but the following commande line is not
> working:
> > gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc num_buffers=50 ! video/x-raw-rgb,
> > framerate=(fraction)1/1 ! fakesink
> >
> > The totaltime should be 50s (because of the framerate) but it's executed
> in
> > less than 2s (because default framerate is 30).
> >
> > Where am I wrong ?

fakesink is by default not synced to the clock. So it takes buffers
as fast as it can handle them. use the sync=1 property to sync to the
clock and the duration of the pipeline will be 50s.

gst-launch-0.10 -v videotestsrc num_buffers=50 ! video/x-raw-rgb,
framerate=\(fraction\)1/1 ! fakesink sync=1

Gr,
Thijs

fakesink doesn't sync to the clock by default. Try with fakesink sync=true