[gst-devel] gst-python pad.get_caps problem

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 01:41:59 CET 2008

I've been using gst-python and I was not able to get the caps on a pad
inside a "new-decoded-pad" signal callback (from decodebin), the
pad.get_caps returns all caps of the pad, get_negotiated_caps and
get_allowed_caps return None. After searching the web, I found this:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-python/examples/gstfile.py?revision=1.4&view=markup

And the new-decoded-pad callback (_new_decoded_pad_cb(self, dbin, pad,
is_last)) has some commented code that seems that is there to avoid this
bug.

Am I right? Is this being/already fixed?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thiago