[gst-devel] GStreamer-java enhancement
robincursor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 16:28:54 CEST 2008
My name is Robin Horvath and I'm a 5rd year program designer mathematician
at University of Szeged. I would like to participate in Google Summer of
Code with the following project:
- We'd like to do the video part of Gstreamer (which seems not so
heavily maintain as the audio part) be production ready. Move as many code
to good as possible. Made many Valgrind and other tests both for memory leak
and other types of errors to fix.
- Gstreamer and Gstreamer-Java Mac OS and Windows port. We'd like to
use Gstreamer on all of the 3 main OS (Linux, Windows, Mac OS). Only
recently (Songbird) made some deep effort into the Mac OS and Windows port.
We'd like to help them, test it and do as much Mac OS and Windows porting as
possible. At the same time make a MinGW cross-compile build environment to
be able to build Windows (and may be Mac OS) Gstreamer binaries on Linux.
Gstreamer has nice, well written and working Java binding
- It'd be useful to enhance it's functionality, finish and always keep
up-to-date it's interface with the actual Gstreamer
implementation. At the same time the current binding has swing components
for video and other GUI related components. It'd be useful to
add SWT components:
full featured SWT
- implement all the current swing component in SWT,
- enhance the Java bindings to be cross platform,
- enhance it to be able to create GUI application with SWT and
Gstreamer in Java without write any SWT or Gstreamer specific components.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gstreamer-devel