[gst-devel] Random Crashes using gst_caps_new_simple

Nicholas Haddad nhaddad at mathworks.com
Sun May 4 04:09:39 CEST 2008

I'm calling gst_caps_new_simple using the following code:

GstCaps* caps = gst_caps_new_simple("video/x-raw-rgb",
                                                                   "bpp
", G_TYPE_INT, 24,

"depth
", G_TYPE_INT, 24,

"red_mask
", G_TYPE_INT, 0xFF0000,

"green_mask
", G_TYPE_INT, 0x00FF00,
				                                         "blue_mask", G_TYPE_INT,
0x0000FF,

"endianness", G_TYPE_INT, G_BIG_ENDIAN, NULL );

I'm doing this inside the decode bin's new pad callback and am getting
random crashes on this call (after every 5th call or so).  Am I doing
something wrong in the code above?  Is it valid to create a new caps
object inside the decode bin's on new pad callback?  I presume this is
happening on a gstreamer thread and didn't know if there was some
issue in doing this.

Also, when crashing I get a one line stack trace with the following
code:

[0] libglib-2.0.so.0:g_str_hash~(0x2aaacbdb4000, 0x2aaacbdb5300, 1, 0)
+ 0 bytes

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Nick