[gst-devel] Gstreamer on Windows XP

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 01:13:47 CEST 2008

I am porting my application to Windows XP.  The only thing that doesn't work
now is Gstreamer.  I get an ElementNotFoundError error message about
cdparanoiasrc.  I believe that cdparanoiasrc is in gst-base-plugins.  I
installed gst-plugins-base-0.10.17 using the Windows installer.  I also
installed gst-plugins-good-0.10.7 and gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.6.  I see a
bunch of dlls in c:\Program Files\Common Files\0.10\{bin,
lib\gstreamer-0.10}, but nothing that includes paranoia in the name.  I
presume that there is something wrong with my installation even though I
used the Windows installers.  Any suggestions?
--
Jeffrey Barish