[gst-devel] GstBuffer metadata

Tomasz Grobelny tomasz at grobelny.oswiecenia.net
Sun May 18 20:22:04 CEST 2008

I'm new to GStreamer but I've read a bit of documentation and still have some
unanswered questions. Namely: is it possible to associate arbitrary metadata
with given GstBuffer? I would like to tag each packet with priority
information depending on it's type (for example audio with higher priority
and video lower). Then I would use this metadata in different plugin that
will transmit GstBuffers to network (eg. dccpsinkserver). The metadata should
be ignored if given plugin cannot understand it. Would that be possible?
Thanks in advance,
--
Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny