[gst-devel] 2 playbins in a window

Julien GILLES jul.gil at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:11:22 CEST 2008

Hi,

i am trying to play two videos in a window, using the playbin plugin.
I use an ximagesink as video-sink, and set overlay on a
GtkDrawingArea.

With a single playbin everything is fine, but if I try to create 2
playbins, strange things occurs : sometimes the application crashes,
sometime the application launches, but the two videos remains black
and there is a lot of GStreamer error on the standard output,
sometimes the two videos runs, but after 2 seconds one of them hangs.

Well, it seems to me that there is some global variables that prevents
the 2 instances to live together ; II wonder if  the playbin plugin is
guilty, or if the gstreamer framework allows twoo pipelines in the
same application...

--
Julien Gilles.