[gst-devel] Fwd: Gstreamer

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:47:56 CEST 2008

Hi Bob,

A plugin is list of features (gstelements) stored as shared library (.so)
eg. coreelements will contain elements like filesrc, filesink, queue, etc..
And all these plugins are listed  in a  registry file.
So When gstreamer is initialized, list of available plugins are read from the
registry file and registry file is also updated if any of these .sos'
(or plugins)
are found to be modified.
The gstplugin.c contains functions like to load the plugins from the
.sos', checking their validity, etc..
U probably should understand first as to how these plguins are read
for registry file.
not sure but u can go thru gst/gstregistry.c.

Cheers
Ved.