[gst-devel] issue in playing video

Fabio Estevam fabioestevam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 16:47:39 CET 2008

--- On Tue, 11/4/08, murugadoss <v.murugadoss at gdatech.co.in> wrote:

> From: murugadoss <v.murugadoss at gdatech.co.in>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] issue in playing video
> To: fabioestevam at yahoo.com, "Discussion of the development of GStreamer" <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 12:19 PM
> Hi fabio,
> I am using* 20070522* package,  as said in the document,
> compiled the
> files. When i check with *gst-inspect | grep mfw*, i get
> only 4 packages
> to be installed, i get *mfw_vpudec, mfw_enc, mfw_v4lsrc,
> mfw_v4lsink*,
> but i am not getting *mfw_avidemuxer and mfw_mp4demuxer
> *package. I have
> exported *LD_library_path and gst_plugin_path.* i can find
> the packages
> in ../*usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/*  folder.
>
> Can u say me, how to add these plugins?
> Thanks for the reply

Maybe it is easier if you just use the pre-build plugins that are part of the package.

Follow section 7.1 (Using the pre-built Plugins) of the release notes document:

- Copy all the content of fsl_codecs/libs to ../rootfs/home in the i.MX27 file system
- Boot Linux on the i.MX27
- Set the following variables on the i.MX27ADS Linux:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/codec:/home/parser
export GST_PLUGIN_PATH=$GST_PLUGIN_PATH:/home/plugin

After doing this, gst-inspect | grep mfw should list 6 elements.