[gst-devel] issue in playing video

murugadoss v.murugadoss at gdatech.co.in
Tue Nov 4 16:56:24 CET 2008

Hi fabio,
I have added other 2 plugins too, now gst-inspect | grep mfw ,
gst-inspect | grep mfw
mfw_avidemuxer:  mfw_avidemuxer: FSL Avi Demuxer
mfw_mp4demuxer:  mfw_mp4demuxer: freescale-mp4 demuxer plugin
mfw_vpudecoder:  mfw_vpudecoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Decoder
mfw_vpuencoder:  mfw_vpuencoder: Freescale: Hardware (VPU) Encoder
mfw_v4lsrc:  mfw_v4lsrc: Freescale Video Source plug-in
mfw_v4lsink:  mfw_v4lsink: v4l_sink

when i try to run a mpg video using command,
gst-launch playbin uri=file:///mnt/nfs/Toyata_Human_Touch.mpg
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
** Message: don't know how to handle video/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)1,
systemstream=(boolean)false
I get this error message and i am able to hear the audio.

And using the u specified below, i get
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "mfw_vpudecoder"  this message.

can u say where is the issue and to solve it

Thank for the reply and support

Regards
V.Murugadoss