[gst-devel] alsasrc no workie

Douglas J Barnum djb61230 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 03:52:05 CET 2008

Hi,

Running Ubuntu and recent upgrade to Ibex brought an update from
gstreamer0.10-18-alsa to gstreamer0.10-21-alsa.  I used to be able to:

gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink

However now I get errors along the lines of:

WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough.

I tried setting the device thinking perhaps "default" changed on my
system by doing:

gst-launch-0.10 alsasrc device=hw:0,0 ! audioconvert ! alsasink

The WARNINGs goes away but I get only a second or so of audio.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

Doug

--
Visit our web site for all the new ghost happenings.
http://www.spectralreview.com