[gst-devel] Format ofYUY2 stream

OB Lutz ob.lutz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:23:04 CET 2008

Hey all

I'm attempting to write an application that will send a YUV (YUY2)
stream out on udp and have gstreamer take it in and do some
precessing. For starters, I'm trying to simply view the output with:

gst-launch -v udpsrc port=1234 buffer-size=0 !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)YUY2,width=640,height=480,framerate=25/1
! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false

Only problem is I don't know how the stream should be formated. All I
get is a green window with a few garbled rows of pixels at the top.
I'm writing out YUYV, where each part one is a 8bit uint for YUYV
being a full 32 bits. Are there some sort of header information that
need to be sent along with this? Is there a site that details the
format of the stream, better yet as it pertains to a UDP stream?

Thanks