[gst-devel] fixed-aspect video scaling?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Nov 12 19:16:15 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Dan Taylor <dtaylor at startrac.com> wrote:
> I want to scale video to a fixed height, while keeping the image
> proportions.
>
> I do not see this capability in videoscale.  If I set only one property, it
> is the only one scaled,
> and the property ranges do not have the "overloaded" values of the scaling
> in mplayer.

Yes, right now, the application has to calculate the image dimensions
itself if it wants to scale like this (which isn't all that complex,
but it's obviously easier to have this happen automatically).

Adding a force-aspect-ratio property (like some of the video sinks
have) would probably be reasonable to do.

Mike