[gst-devel] Performance with gst-launch pipeline and playbin

Zhao, Halley halley.zhao at intel.com
Fri Nov 14 01:25:44 CET 2008

1.       playbin will always link ffmpegcolorspace and videoscale into the pipeline, it will impact the performance compare to customized pipeline.
2.       man gst-launch-0.10 you will see the option ¡°¡ªgst-debug=STRING¡±, next  ¡°gst-launch-0.10 ¨Cgst-debug-help¡± you will see the category
for example:
gst-launch-0.10 --gst-debug=GST_AUTOPLUG:5,xvimagesimk:5,GST_DATAFLOW:5,playbin:5 --gst-debug-no-color playbin uri=file:///home/ume/work/test.m2v