[gst-devel] mp3 decoder

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:23:33 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Gnanasekar <sk.gnanasekar at gdatech.co.in> wrote:
> Thats the requirement for me ....we should mot use existing plug-in
> ....thats why !

So basically you don't know why.

My guess is that it's a licensing issue.

If that's the case then perhaps you can use Google Android's mp3
decoder, which has Apache license, so there are no patent issues.

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/external/opencore.git;a=tree;f=codecs_v2/audio/mp3/dec;h=9b452c101e6b2033c9963768570f6547f3ee5b24;hb=master

Maybe there is ARM-specific stuff, so you would need to modify it, but
better than starting from scratch!

Also, if you are able to compile the OpenMAX IL wrapper too, then you
can use it from GStreamer using gst-openmax's element: omx_mp3dec.

Lots of possibilities, but you need to explain "why".

--
Felipe Contreras