[gst-devel] Pipeline to convert a transport stream into an AVI file

Julien Pauty julien.pauty at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 23:48:14 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to convert a file containing transport stream into a regular AVI
file. Since it's not possible (yet) to seek into a transport stream, I would
like to convert it into a format where seeking is supported. My idea was to
extract the video and audio streams and then to store them into an AVI
container.

I made this pipeline:
gst-launch avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/test2.avi  filesrc
location=257.ts ! mpegtsdemux name=demux demux.video_0078 ! mux.video_00
demux.audio_0082 !  mux.audio_00

This does not work and exits with the following errors:

Définition du pipeline à PAUSED...
Le pipeline est en phase de PREROLL...
ERREUR : de l'élément /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0 : Internal
data stream error.
Information de débogage supplémentaire :
gstbasesrc.c(2234): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstFileSrc:filesrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
ERROR : pipeline refuse to go into setup phase
Définition du pipeline à NULL...
Libération du pipeline (FREE)...

(I translated the main info, rest is in french).

I do have a pipeline that convert the file:

gst-launch avimux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/test2.avi  filesrc
location=257.ts ! mpegtsdemux name=demux demux.video_0078 !  queue  !
mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! mpeg2enc ! queue ! mux.video_00
demux.audio_0082 ! queue ! mad ! audioconvert ! lame ! queue ! mux.audio_00

This one involves decoding and recoding video, which is useless since the
formats are the same. I would like to just extract streams and store them
into a different container.

Is it possible to make such pipeline ? Using avi is not a requirement. I
just want to convert the transport stream into a format that supports
seeking well.

Thanks for your help,

Julien