[gst-devel] Create a mixer software

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Fri Nov 28 21:18:28 CET 2008

chuck berry schrieb:

>> Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:56:40 +0200
>> From: Stefan Kost <ensonic at hora-obscura.de>
>> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Create a mixer software
>> To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
>>        <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>>
>> hi chuck,
> hi stefan
>> chuck berry schrieb:
>>> Hi, I'm developing a little mp3 player and I'm trying to implement a
>>> control volume by GstMixer
>>>

>> <snip>
>>> With these 2 function I can implement an hardware mixer but I want a
>>> software mixer. What can I do that?
>>> Thanks
>>> Bye
>>>
>> plug a volume element before the audiosink. likewise you can use
>> audiopanorama for balance.
> Thanks for your suggestion, but it is possible create a mixer software
> by playbin and Gstmixer interface?
> bye

First replying to a digest is nice. Please consider changing the settings of
your subscription or edit before replying.

On the topic. The GstMixer exposes the mixer controls of the output if any. E.g
jacksink don't have mixer controls. Using the volume element provides you with
software controls.

Maybe you can eplain what you actually want to do.

Stefan