[gst-devel] v4l sink

Jason Kridner jkridner at beagleboard.org
Fri Nov 21 15:37:52 CET 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Felipe Contreras wrote:

>>> As far as i know, it hasn't been done yet but you should check [1]
>>> and
>>> [2] for starting points.
>>>
>>> FLo
>>>
>>> [1] http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Motion/VideoFourLinuxLoopbackDevice
>>> [2] http://dv4l.berlios.de/limits.html
>>>
>> Thank you for glues, meanwhile I have discovered v4l loopback
>> devices too.
>> This one http://allonlinux.free.fr/Projets/AVLD/ seems the best.
>>
>> All I have to do now is to find out how to make a sink which will do
>> yuv output to a loopback device, if there is no ready one.
>> Will see if gstreamer is well documented :-).
>
> AFAIK TI developed one for the davinci platform.
>
> Jason Kridner: is that right?

TI did make a sink for V4L, if that is what you mean.  It doesn't
create a V4L2 device, it uses one.  From this discussion, it sounds
like you already have one and are looking for something to create the
V4L device.

We are set to publish it in a week or two.  Contact me if you want to
get early access.  I would have like to have seen it published earlier
so that no one would need to contact me!