[gst-devel] GstRtpbin and RTCP sender reports

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 16:48:17 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 11:24 +0300, Lassi Väätämöinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering whether the Gstrtpbin is capable of sending RTCP SR packets? I
> managed to build a pipeline using the gstrtpbin and gst-launch, but only RR
> packets were sent from the sender.

When gstrtpbin is sending data (using the send_rtp_sink_%d request pad)
and when a send_rtcp_src_%d request pad is requested from gstrtpbin, it
will send SR reports on the send_rtcp_src_%d pad. You need to request
these pads with the same number filled in for the %d in the above
padtemplate names.

> Another alternative would be to use Rtpbin, but I am not sure how to use this,
> so an example would be nice.

don't use this element, it's deprecated and does not work correctly.

Wim