[gst-devel] add latency to audio in gstrtpbin

Tristan Matthews tristan at sat.qc.ca
Thu Sep 4 17:34:42 CEST 2008

Thanks for the feedback Eric. I had seen the RFC before but that book
looks pretty useful as well.
My concern isn't that the AV will get out of sync in
gstreamer/gstrtpbin, but rather that it will be out of sync immediately
at the capture stage, i.e. if i have video input from a camera with more
latency than a separate audio source. An example scenario is given here:
http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/07/11/audio-video-capture/
where you have video of someone clapping and you have to adjust the
delay to make the sound and image of the clap line up.
I would need to be able to manually adjust the latency to ensure the
video and audio are sync'd. Should I just put the audio through a
Ladspa-delay or is their a better solution in gstreamer?

-T