[gst-devel] GStreamer beginer problem

Chen Hailiang chhail at mail2.sysu.edu.cn
Mon Sep 8 02:36:44 CEST 2008

thinks Tim, I got the lastest version now,and found some unuseable methods
has made up, such like gst_element_unref() was not used again. But I still
can't use 'gst_element_factory_get_klass()',
(error:elementInfo.c:(.text+0x60): undefined reference to
`gst_element_factory_get_kalss').
my source codes were copied from <5.4.1. Getting information about an element
using a factory>,the newest version of the application development
manaul(0.10.20.1).may any other reason to bring about that?
think you.

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:24:56 +0100, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote
> On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 11:39 +0800, Chen Hailiang wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >   I tried to run the example in the application development manual(5.4).
> >   I used command "gcc -Wall $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10)
> > xxx.c -o xxx" to compile it,and it return me that "undefined reference to
> > `gst_element_factory_get_kalss'"compiled failed.
> >   my Gstreamer(version: 0.10) is in /usr/include/gstreamer-0.10/gst/
> >   the Gstreamer lib is in /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/
> >   I got this "undefined reference" error in using some other methods.like
> > gst_element_unref() etc. is there something wrong with my installation?
> >   waiting for help.thinks!
>
> It sounds like you're reading a really old version of the application
> development manual which refers to historic GStreamer versions. The
> lastest version can be found here:
>
>  http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim