[gst-devel] Can a MPEG-1 with Audio Layers 1&2 plugin be in plugins-good (patentwise)?

jjcogliati-gstreamer at yahoo.com jjcogliati-gstreamer at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 22:09:35 CEST 2008

--- On Thu, 8/28/08, Gabriel Bouvigne <gabriel.bouvigne at joost.com> wrote:

> From: Gabriel Bouvigne <gabriel.bouvigne at joost.com>
> Subject: Re: [gst-devel] Can a MPEG-1 with Audio Layers 1&2 plugin be in plugins-good (patentwise)?
> To: jjcogliati-gstreamer at yahoo.com, "Discussion of the development of GStreamer" <gstreamer-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 3:49 AM
> jjcogliati-gstreamer at yahoo.com a écrit :
> > Is there anywhere that has a list of these patents?
>
> You posted such a list yourself:
> http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/MPEG_patent_status
Yep, I put up a list of MPEG-2 patents and MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 patents.  But I didn't put up a list of MPEG-1 video patents or MPEG-1 Audio Layers 1 and 2 patents because I have not found anyone saying that they have them.

So basically, I haven't found a list of MPEG-1 patents (other than MP3 patents), and no one on this list has managed to name any.