[gst-devel] video freeze while playing a file without audio

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 12:38:33 CEST 2008

Hi ,

        When u don't have audio data in your container file then that time
don't create pad for that stream in plugin code i.e. dont try to push audio
data to next element .
      In your case what is happening is that you dont have audio data even
then you are trying to push some junk data to next element and in that case
next element is returning some other return value than GST_FLOW_OK  from its
chain function .
      To debug this just see return value of gst_pad_push( )  fucntion ,
this value should be GST_FLOW_OK .

2008/9/25 Chen Yong(Ever)[陈勇] <yongchen at arcsoft.com.cn>

>  Hi, all,
>
>        I am developing a plug-in which integrate source with demux
> functions, and it always have two src pads, one for video, another for
> audio, in my pipeline, we connected 2 branches to video sink and audio sink.
> It is ok to playback a file with audio and video, but if there is no audio
> data in this file, video freezed. I trace gstreamer code, found audiosink is
> prerolled status. What I need to do to solve it?
>

> Best Regards
>
> Ever Chen

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht