[gst-devel] gstreamer dvb a/v sync problem

Zaheer Merali zaheermerali at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:03:51 CEST 2008

2008/9/25 Volter Yen <volter619 at 163.com>:
> hi all,
>    when  using gstreamer to play dvb signal, if I set the osssink's sync to
> true,  the pipelie give 'Unexpected discontinuity in audio timestamps of
> more than half a second(...) resyncing ' and stalled there....but it is said
> that 'sync=true ' should work , my gstreamer core is
> 0.10.14,fluendo-mpegdmuex-0.10.15, and by the way my pipelie is:
>     gst-launch-0.10 dvbsrc modulation="QAM 64" trans-mode=8k bandwidth=8
> freq=474000000 code-rate-lp=2/3 code-rate-hp=1/2 guard=8 hierarchy=NONE
> pids=630:512:128 ! flutsdemux es-pids=650:512 name=demuxer demuxer. ! queue
> ! mad ! audioconvert ! osssink
>     and if i add 'sync=false' to ossink , it works but when play with video
> the audio is heavy lagged.
>
>      I have referrenced to this link
> https://core.fluendo.com/gstreamer/trac/ticket/46, it seems that these
> problem should have been resolved.
>      anybody know the way out? thank you
>
>      Volter

You have a few problems with your pipeline.

i) es-pids should not be used with flutsdemux. If you have the pmt pid
and the elementary stream pids coming out of dvbsrc then there is no
issue. Using es-pids like you are makes it ignore the pcr values
contained in the transport stream.

ii) The queues you should be using should have max-size-buffers=0 and
max-size-time=0 set.

You should also be using a more recent version of gstreamer core.

Zaheer