[gst-devel] About multi-thread in GStreamer

Aurelien Grimaud gstelzz at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 25 21:48:02 CEST 2008

Hi,
You want to split stream into two parts.
Use tee element for that.

This pipeline will duplicate stream.
v4l2src ! tee name=t t. ! encoder ! packetizer ! udpsink t. ! xvimagesink

Note : there is only one thread running in this pipeline.
To prevent one branch from being slowed by the other one, you have to
run one in a thread.
For this use queue element :
v4l2src ! tee name=t t. ! queue ! encoder ! packetizer ! udpsink t. !
xvimagesink

Aurelien

liangzhihong1984 a ¨¦crit :