[gst-devel] How to predict which properties will be live-changeable ?

David Schleef ds at entropywave.com
Sun Apr 5 22:39:08 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 09:53:36PM +0200, Florent wrote:
> > I was planning to add something like this to gst-gtk-widgets and
> > call it gst-launch-gtk or similar.
>
> Oh, i didn't know of this. Does your project involve more than just
> the player widget ?

Not currently.  Just telling you what I was thinking about doing.
The gst-launch-gtk tool is getting more important since osxvideosink
no longer works in non-GstXOverlay mode.

> My project is based on candies/clutter, which is somewhat close to gtk
> (but gl). I will try to see if i can do both. But clutter opens a lot
> of interesting possibilities for OSD, animations, custom graphical
> widgets ... And ultimately, touch control.

I've always assumed that we'd eventually have a bunch of gst-widgets
packages for gtk, qt, etc., as people write them.  Obviously, they
will likely have lots of code that is nearly identical, so it would
make sense to develop them collaboratively and copy/modify code
freely.

dave...