[gst-devel] GStreamer C# bindings

Sebastian Dröge sebastian.droege at collabora.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 09:26:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

Currently there are no working and complete GStreamer bindings for C#.
This was listed as one of the potential summer of code projects but
nobody wanted to do it.

Two years ago bindings were started as a summer of code project but
unfortunately nothing releasable resulted from this effort and nobody
continued working on them but OTOH people are very often asking if C#
bindings are existing. Because of this I've started to continue the SoC
bindings from two years ago in my free time and I expect to get
something releasable in the next months, or even faster if more people
are interested in this :)

The current version can already be found at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer-sharp/
This is still far from complete, correct and usable so *don't* use this
for any production code yet :)

The next steps will be to bind core completely, make sure that the
autogenerated API is correct (and fix/extend it by hand) and to make
sure that everything works. Also there's probably a lot of stuff that
needs cleanup.

Btw, can someone create a bugzilla component for this?