[gst-devel] question on seek

Albert Costa costa_albert at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 8 11:21:59 CEST 2009

Hi All,
I have a simple question: I have an application where I want to display only a subset of a video. My pipeline can be resumed to 'filesrc ! decodebin ! ffmegcolorspace ! queue ! directdrawsink'. To see only a part of the video, I use following :

GstEvent* seek_event;
seek_event = gst_event_new_seek (1.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME,
                (GstSeekFlags) (GST_SEEK_FLAG_SEGMENT | GST_SEEK_FLAG_FLUSH),
                GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, start_time,
                GST_SEEK_TYPE_SET, stop_time);

              gst_element_set_state(m_pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
              gst_element_get_state(m_pipeline, NULL, NULL, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE);
              gst_element_send_event(m_pipeline, seek_event);

where start/stop_time are values for the start and end positions in my file.
Everything works fine, except for the fact that just before displaying the video at position start (and then playing up to stop position), I do see the first (0) frame of the video.
Is there a way to avoid this and have the pipeline really starting from the position I want?

Regards,
Al