[gst-devel] How to predict which properties will be live-changeable ?

Florent fthiery at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 19:15:35 CEST 2009

> I was once wondering also if we could mark up string-properties in away
> to tell that they are file-names or uris.

Isn't the property's name itself (location / uri) sufficiently
standard to use it as identifier ?

> Btw. buzztard generates UIs for gstreamer plugins.

Do you say that it also uses an introspection mecanism
(pipeline->get_plugins->get_properties->create_widgets_for_properties)?

>So if you make a
> gtk-version I'll contribute. I use spin buttons for ints, sliders for
> float/double, comboboxes for enums, checkboxes for boolean and entries
> for strings.

Great, i'll try do do the same with gtk then :) Will keep you posted !

Florent