[gst-devel] Pipeline to Segment Video?

Shawn McMurdo shawn_mcmurdo at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 04:03:00 CEST 2009

I am trying to segment a video using gstreamer (via gstreamer-java).
I have the equivalent of this pipeline:

filesrc location=${input} ! decodebin name=dec ffmux_asf name=mux ! filesink location=${output} dec. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_wmv2 ! queue ! mux. dec. ! queue ! audioconvert ! lame ! mp3parse ! queue ! mux.

This pipeline works if I don't do a seek but if I do a seek it produces a file that is not identifiable as a video although it seems to be about the right size.

Here's the seek code which works on other pipelines:

int flags = SeekFlags.FLUSH | SeekFlags.SEGMENT | SeekFlags.KEY_UNIT;
boolean success = gpipe.seek(1.0, Format.TIME, flags,
                                    SeekType.SET, startClock.toNanos(),
                                    SeekType.SET, endClock.toNanos());

Why doesn't this work?
Is there a solution to how to segment a video using gstreamer?
Thanks.
Shawn