[gst-devel] Erroneous pipeline

ved kpl ved.kpl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:05:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

>From the logs (Warning: AVFrame.pts=? trying to guess (1)),it seemed
that the ffmpeg part needs  timestamped data and since the frames were
coming directly from filesrc (without any timestamping), it was trying
to guess and probably dropping the frames (i think!! :) ), making the
pipeline race to EOS quickly.

Inserting the identity will timestamp the frames as per the framerate.
This is usually helpful, when reading from a file or so. Not when a
live source is involved. (as live source may drop the frames, or will
not always yield the frames as per the expected fps)

~ Regards
Ved