[gst-devel] HELP ! MULTIPLE THREADS

thiagoss thiagossantos at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 21:24:21 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 9:55 AM, shailesh mali <shailesh.mali.2006 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello friends,
> I have a very simple problem. Could any one suggest me good example for
> multiple thread . Basically I have a webcam. I want to store the video on
> hard drive as well as show live video on screen.
> Please help we!!

Look for the 'tee' element, it does what you want (creating two branches on
a pipeline that are copies of the same input). There are examples of how to
use, one is this from the docs:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-pads.html

And also, no need for uppercase subject, this tend to keep people that could
help you away from your mail.

> --
> Shailesh

Thiago Sousa Santos

Embedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab (Embedded)
Center of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (CEEI)
Federal University of Campina Grande (UFCG)