[gst-devel] Adding alpha or transparency to video

Jonathan Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 09:14:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

I forgot to mention I need it on Windows (and then Linux later).

I found this: http://pbx.mine.nu/effectv/ (a port of effectv to win32, using DirectShow no less)

I am hoping to programmatically make a video stream semi-transparent (alpha channel).

Any advice on where to start looking? Or should I mess around with a GstBuffer and see what
effects I get from messing around? :P

Currently, I do the semi-transparent effect with DirectShow. No manipulation of video data, just
using DirectShow API.