[gst-devel] Adding alpha or transparency to video

Jonathan Wong jhannwong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:03:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the info!

 > However, not all videosinks and video codecs support such colorspaces, so
 > that depends on what you are planning to do with the video.

Play it in a Qt widget, on Windows, then on Linux.

Any idea which videosink or codecs do support alpha channel? Has anyone done this before to show
it works? At some point, I'll try every codec or sink there is to find out.

In DirectShow, I could get 2 videos playing, one on top of the other. The top one is transparent.
I can even get it to play inverted (and other cool transforms). Hoping to do just that with GStreamer.