[gst-devel] flutsmux video time

ldac ldacvs at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:01:49 CEST 2009

    Hello,

I am using the following gstreamer pipeline to save a MPEG2-TS file
using Fluendo MPEG2-TS muxer:

gst-launch-0.10 videotestsrc !
video/x-raw-yuv,format=(fourcc)I420,width=640,height=480,framerate=(fraction)25/1
! \
                  videorate ! queue ! x264enc ! h264parse ! queue ! mux. \
                  audiotestsrc ! audioconvert !
audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=2 ! ffenc_mp2 ! queue ! mux. \
                  flutsmux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/test.ts

    The point is that I start a chronometer when I launch the pipeline,
and I stop it when 10 seconds has elapsed. But when I play the file
using either VLC or mplayer o whatever, the playing time is around 3
times the expected 10 seconds (over 34 seconds).

    Why is happening this? I have read about the framerate, but I am
specifying the framerate into the pipeline.

    Thank you very much in advance.
    Regards.
    Luis.