[gst-devel] RTP synchronism with rtpbin

Antonio Marqués amm at tid.es
Mon Apr 20 12:52:36 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have been reading about RTP synchronisation and I have concluded that
sender information is necessary to properly timestamping at the receiver
side, i.e. clock-base information is necessary for jitterbuffer element.
I think I have to link jitterbuffer with filtered caps with the sender
clock-base value.

I have done some of these synchronisation by an application sending the
caps. Now I am interested in using gstrtpbin to introduce some ssrc
demuxing (included in gstrtpssrcdemux element). These gstrtpbin element
links the jitterbuffer element, so I would like to know if this linking
is done with the sender information, necessary to good synchronisation.
Otherwise, I would have to link rtpsession, rtpssrcdemux and
rtpjitterbuffer by myself.

Thanks in advanced.

--
Toni Marqués Marqués