[gst-devel] repeated use of pngenc

Nawal <Galileon> Husnoo galileon at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 18:49:19 CEST 2009

Dear all,
I'm starting out with Gstreamer in Python, and I've been playing with some
code I found on a website, trying to get a picture from my webcam to be
saved as a PNG in /dev/shm. It's working, but I would like to have regular
updates of the image, such as 12 frames per second or something. However, my
code is only producing a single image, and then doesn't do much:

# Set up the gstreamer pipeline
        self.player = gst.parse_launch ("v4l2src device="+devname+
                                        " !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc ! filesink
location=/dev/shm/test.png")

# ffmpegcolorspace ! pngenc ! filesink location=/dev/shm/test.png")

# old sink was: autovideosink")

        bus = self.player.get_bus()
        bus.add_signal_watch()
        bus.enable_sync_message_emission()
        bus.connect("sync-message::element", self.on_sync_message)
        self.player.set_state(gst.STATE_PLAYING)

    def on_sync_message(self, bus, message):
        if message.structure is None:
            return
        message_name = message.structure.get_name()
        if message_name == "prepare-xwindow-id":
            # Assign the viewport
            imagesink = message.src
            imagesink.set_property("force-aspect-ratio", True)
            imagesink.set_xwindow_id(self.movie_window.window.xid)

Please note it still has some remnants of the code that overlayed the image
in a GTK window. Any ideas how I can make it update the png regularly
please?

Thanks,

Nawal

--
The best way to predict the future is to invent it. - Alan Kay
http://www.galileon.co.uk/