[gst-devel] AppSrc and timing

Štěpán stepan1117 at atlas.cz
Mon Apr 20 23:34:48 CEST 2009

Hello again to everyone,
    I was successful with the appsink element, and now I am facing a
problem on the opposing side - the appsrc. What I am trying to achieve
is to stream a video from opengl to somewhere (avi, xvimagesink or
whatever). So I do have an array of bytes (fixed size, 32bpp) and I want
to put this to the pipeline at, let's say, 25 frames per second. I found
a couple of examples
(http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-base/tests/examples/app/),
but unfortunately, neither of them does helped me much. My major problem
is how to do a proper timing - I think about some kind of timer, which
will request a frame at 1/25 sec. and my app will fill a buffer and give
it to pipeline. But I do not know, if this is possible, and if not, then
how to do it any other way.
    Many thanks for previous answers and for this in advance,
        Stepan