[gst-devel] Smooth rewind with Gstreamer

Daniel James Laird daniel.j.laird at nxp.com
Tue Apr 21 18:15:04 CEST 2009

All,

I am trying to get trickmodes working on my Gstreamer pipeline.

I can use gst_element_seek and get FF working i.e I can set rate to 1,2,4,8 etc and my MP4 file plays in FF.
However when I put a negative number I do not get smooth RW behaviour from the qtdemux.
It seems reverse playback is supported by the component.

Does anyone have this working and if so am I missing any steps out?  ANy help much appreciated.
I can seek to a specific point and can seek to a point relative to my current position but just cant get rewind to work.

Hope you can help

With regards,
Daniel Laird