[gst-devel] Recordind from alsasrc to filesink

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Apr 26 16:25:22 CEST 2009

Guilherme schrieb:
> Also trying:
>

> gst-launch alsasrc ! audioconvert ! level ! audioconvert ! flacenc !
> filesink location=my_file.mp3
>
> does create the file but no snd is recorded.
>
> ;o(
>
> Tks!
>
> -------------------
>
> Guilherme Longo
> Dept. Eng. da Computac,a~o
> Unaerp

Please check with gnome mixer if you have selected the right source for
reording. Also you gst-launch -m to see the level-meter messages from level
element. ALso flacenc ! filesink location=my_file.mp3 is wrong. Use lame if you
want to encode into an mp3, use .flac as an extension, if you really want flac.

Finaly the level element has a demo app under
gst-plugins-good/tests/examples/level/
which you might want to checkout.

Stefan