[gst-devel] Muxing video and audio

Josep Creus creus at ac.upc.edu
Mon Apr 27 21:13:35 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm missing something, I'm just trying to mux a .avi only video file
with a .mp3 file to get a .avi with both video an audio, quite easy, right?
.avi file is GStreamer generated and XviD compressed, .mp3 is also from
GStreamer, so I try this:

$gst-launch-0.10 -v filesrc location="video.avi" ! avidemux !
mpeg4videoparse ! video/mpeg ! avimux name=muxer. ! filesink
location="video-audio.avi" \
{ filesrc location="audio.mp3" ! mp3parse ! audio/mpeg ! muxer. }

No error, but I get a file with only the audio part, no video, it's not
copied, please, any suggestion will be appreciated, I think I have some
concepts wrong.

Josep Creus