[gst-devel] Is playbin2 stable enough?

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller christian.schaller at collabora.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 16:59:38 CEST 2009

Hi,
You definetly want to use playbin2, especially for embedded devices like
Android targets as it got some features very useful for that kind of
use, like enabling the use of sinks which takes encoded data for
instance. Playbin2 has seen quite a bit of testing now and should be
considered stable, the core developer of GStreamer mostly use it now for
their own testing and development and I would say that playbin one is
heading for deprecation pretty soon.

Christian