[gst-devel] Getting a gst-launch pipeline to play in totem?

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Tue Apr 28 19:22:45 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I'm working on a project to display mjpeg streams from IP cameras on an
embedded device running Debian Etch. I am able to display these streams
fine using gst-launch, like so:

gst-launch-0.10 gnomevfssrc
location=http://192.168.1.253/nphMotionjpeg?resolution=320x240 ! jpegdec
! videoscale ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink

CPU performance is great, and there is no stream latency like I have
experienced with mplayer and vlc. My goal is to eventually embed this
stream in a web browser, so my next step is to get totem to display them.

Totem does not recognize the mjpeg stream when I give it the URL via the
Open Location menu dialog, but my understanding is that totem is based
on gstreamer - so is there a way I can take the above pipeline and get
totem to play it?

Thanks,

Scott

--