[gst-devel] Query: question regards to frame rate of a camera src

Zheng, Huan huan.zheng at intel.com
Thu Aug 6 08:15:14 CEST 2009

Hi, dear developers
I'm writing a camera src which is just like V4l2src.
I have a question regarding to frame rate.

The camera API provided to me can not set the frame rate to the camera. So I have a concern on it.
What will happen if the real frame rate of the camera is different from what I set to the GStreamer pipeline?

E.g. If I set the frame rate of the pipeline to 30 fps, but the hardware itself only could generate frames in 15fps, will the downstream elements (ffmpegcolorspace, or some else) do some amendments for me?
Thanks a lot for your answering!!!!!

Best Regards, Zheng, Huan(ZBT)

OTC/SSD/SSG

Intel Asia-Pacific Research & Developement Ltd

Tel: 021-6116 6435

Inet: 8821 6435

Cub: 3W035
.